10/10/2013

When I wake up in the morning and I stumble out of bed

Rewrote the initial transformation sequence today. No longer do you wake up, see your new body and then just go on about your day as if nothing has happened, now there is a reaction period where several things are changed to incorporate the transition and Sam explains his/her thought process much more clearly than before. There is much yet to do in terms of the game changing based on your appearance, something I will be focusing on in future updates, but at least the fact you turn into a woman overnight is no longer brushed off as if it never happened. As always there are a few minor interactions unlocked during this phase that provide a little comedy but are completely optional and will not impact your game if you miss them. I am going to tweak the initial meetings with some characters after this event to better reflect the gravity of the situation but that will have to wait for another time.
I have also unlocked the forest using a new mechanic, the "Think" action. In most cases it will just refer you to your notepad but I will build it up over the next few updates to add extra functionality. At the moment "thinking" during days 4 or 5 will suggest taking a trip to the peaceful woods to provide a chance to reflect on the case. When that doesn't help you decide to take a walk since you are already there. It may seem a little stale and incomplete upon the next release but I would never get it out if I do too much with it now. The new notepad functionality is the main attraction of 0.4 and should help a lot of players who grew frustrated with previous versions of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How am I driving?