02/10/2013

The Road Goes Ever On And On

A fair amount of progress today, not what I wanted to get done as I got very much sidetracked but I had fun doing it and that's what matters right? Right? Please agree with me! Well anyway, I've tweaked the magnifying glass a little, changed a few things around the office including preventing a game-breaking sequence from taking place by adding another secret ending. Then I found some pictures and began work on a new area: The Forest. It won't play a big role in the game and won't have any significant impact on the story but it was a joy to work on (I'm about quarter way done with it after just a couple of hours but now that I'm into the rhythm of it the rest should be even quicker).

So why create the Forest if it serves little purpose? Well I intend for a number of locations to be revisited in later games and thought it might be a good idea to let players learn the layout now so they know what to expect, it is a bit of a maze in there so if you can learn your way around now it will help in the future. Plus I wanted to begin work on some Golden Star rewards and thought this would be a good place for it since it will be accessible in later games. I may also add a few hidden treasures in there if I have time as well but I haven't decided what yet. I will be splitting my time over the next few days between this and the character reactions so that I have something else to work on if I get bored. Otherwise I would just end up back on Terraria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How am I driving?