17/10/2013

It'll be alright on the night

It took longer than I'd hoped but not as long as I'd expected, I found the problem and have RAGS again! Back to work for me then.
(The problem was with Daemon Tools trying to read a broken file, even on startup. I fixed it by getting it to load a working ISO instead, a simple fix for a problem I did not anticipate and only found by noticing I was missing a virtual drive.)
I have since made some more progress, this time on the player examine action. Rather than a generic "You are X tall with Y this and Z that" I have a wider range of descriptions (possible thanks to the instant TF system). They may not be as all encompassing as they were before but will read more like someone actually describing you than a list of physical attributes. They are broken down into two parts, the first part covers your overall appearance and build whilst the second is mostly just your junk or lack thereof. As with many parts of the game a lot of these will be locked until all of the different TF solutions are in the game but once I'm done with this next section there will be 24 unique descriptions written with 4 variations for each of them. They're only short but I still prefer doing it this way as it offers more re-playability. I should have these done tomorrow but since I can only do a couple of hours on Fridays that will be it for this week. Next week I promise I will get back to those character reactions, honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How am I driving?