27/09/2013

Weekends aren't good for me, how about Monday?

It doesn't look like I'm going to get anything done over the next few days but whilst I'm in a productive mood, how about some stats instead? You do all like stats right? You do! Good.

The latest version of the game has so far been downloaded 5251 times, that's almost double the download count of the two previous versions combined!

The current build I am working on is 40,628KB, this includes 17,669KB of images leaving 22,959KB for text and the framework the format requires to be read by the player.

The game currently features 143 images, 268 objects, 28 characters, 56 rooms, 33 variables, 38 timers and 73 custom properties (variables specific to a character, room, object, player, variable or timer). Every object, character and room that can be interacted with also has a description displayed when you examine them, some even have multiple descriptions based on your current level of drunkenness or alternate descriptions if you inspect them. How descriptive!

Work began on Redus on the 17th February 2013 and continued until early June although there hasn't been much progress since then I have rough plans drawn up for a further 14 episodes. It is unlikely most of these will ever be made but that is my ultimate vision for the series.

Unfortunately there is no way to do a word count without manually copying the text from every text box and if I had time for that I would be working on the game! As always I would like to thank everyone who has made a positive comment about the game, if I'm honest I would like more feedback but I know that the internet is full of lurkers and observers so I won't press the matter further. I would also like to encourage fellow RAGS devs to upgrade to the paid version of the software to show their support, it isn't expensive and everyone benefits as it contributes to further software improvements which means better games.

If I do get any more work done before Monday I'll post another update but if not have a great weekend! I'll be checking in every evening to respond to any comments or questions, I want the community to have as much input into the development of this game as possible and I do consider every suggestion so please, don't be shy and you can always post anonymously if you wish. Bye then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How am I driving?