26/09/2013

Just a trim for me thanks, I don't have long

I got a couple of hours to myself this morning, it looks like that's all I will be able to get done today. I'm about half way through Christie's reactions now. Her mood swings make her fun to write but a little tricky too. Looking over the old stuff I really failed to balance her reactions before, fortunately most of the worst of it was never user-accessible as the only way to get those reactions would require items I had not yet included in the game so only I had to face the sheer ridiculousness of some of what she had to say. I am feeling much more comfortable with the new content, there may be some oddness at first as I don't have the patience to cover every possible sequence of transformations but I'm trying to make her reactions as generic as I can whilst remaining realistic. I will also make it easier to unlock her dialogue about Rose and Dr Payne, anyone who found that in 0.3 should be congratulated for their effort but I feel it is too important a plot point to hide quite so well. I still want it to be hidden, just not so much so that only a handful of players ever get to experience it, it is one of my favourite parts of the game after all.

I think once I've finished on Christie I will get to work on Jenny next, since she knew Sam before the start her reactions will be easier to work with. Although to be honest, if the first time you meet Christie is as a redheaded woman, you are playing the game wrong. The game will allow you to do so and it is fully supported but your detective skills must leave something to be desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How am I driving?