08/01/2014

I actually did something! (Insert fanfare here)

I hadn't planned on it, I had no intention of doing so, but I had some spare time today and played through Redus. I noticed several things that were bugging me and so I opened up the editor and began fixing them. Before I knew it four hours had passed and although there is little in the way of new content I have actually done something productive in RAGS! Some of the bugs were present in older versions too, I just hadn't noticed them before (those were not so much bugs as poor design choices or curious, nonsensical behaviors), and some were specific to the current build. The thing that surprised me the most though was not that I did stuff but rather that I enjoyed doing it.

Don't get too excited though, this may have been a one-off and even if it isn't my work schedule is pretty full right now not to mention the ever-growing list of games and TV I promised to experience but this was a good day and progress, however small, was made. I just wanted to let you guys know, this is proof that Redus is not dead and work will continue on it. Yay.

2 comments:

  1. That's the spirit! Also, even if we can't get too excited, can we get a little excited? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get as excited as you want, it's just that judging by how the last 6 months went the more excited you are the bigger the disappointment will be when I get my arms chopped off or something. I would love to be optimistic but I've let you guys down enough to know better. If you want to get excited about this go ahead, I won't stop you! Who knows, it may even pay off for a change.

      Delete

How am I driving?