23/08/2014

Not much ado about nothing

Summer is almost over so here is a honest status report:

Between Star Citizen and Titanfall my free time is pretty much fully booked for the next few weeks and with Pokémon, Civilization: Beyond Earth, Borderlands The Pre Sequel, Super Smash Bros, Sunset Overdrive and Halo The Master Chief Collection all on the horizon (and I'm probably missing a few more) I expect it will stay that way for a long time. I bought a new PC around May and I still haven't even reinstalled RAGs so as you can imagine, Redus hasn't really been on my mind for a long time and with 45+ hour working weeks and upcoming driving lessons I can't imagine I'll be working on the next update any time soon. I'm not going to say that I will start up again in a few months or anything as I don't know anything for sure right now. Instead I'm going to install the designer now and if and when I get the urge to do a few hours here and there I will.
Regular updates are a thing of the past now, my time is just too valuable to me. When I get that creative drive back I will prioritise this above all other projects I have (and there are a lot, I have almost 20 notepads full of ideas, short stories and even a whole pad dedicated to a fantasy novel I was working on, in comparison Redus was about 40 pages and that was for 5 games). I expect it would take roughly 200 hours to finish this one so it isn't too far off in terms of actual hard graft but most of what is left is narrative which is far harder to write, especially the intimate scenes.

As always I will keep you posted as and when I make any progress, there may be a gap in late September where I could fit in some work but no promises. I stand by what I have said in the past, this project will never be abandoned, even if it never goes beyond the one game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How am I driving?