16/12/2013

Recovery is a painful process

First let's get this out of the way, I'm not planning on getting back to work on this stuff any time soon. I have to be in the mood to write and I haven't been in that headspace for some time. That said I did do a little work the other day, nothing to write home about just a little photo editing and tidying up a couple of things so I may begin doing bits and pieces every now and then, we'll have to see. I don't want to abandon Redus completely after the couple of hundred hours of work I put into it but if I don't release any new content in the next six months don't be surprised.

I have a job now, working full time for good money. It keeps me occupied and distracted and that's a lot better than what the booze was doing. There will likely never again be whole days I spend writing and that's okay, but it will mean any future content will take longer than before even if I do start doing regular work on it.

I know you guys have been waiting patiently for the update and I thankyou for your loyalty in that regard, but I have to say the silence is getting worrying. I can check how many hits the blog has each day but not how many of them were bots or repeat visits so I have no idea how many of you there are. Based on the number of previous comments there could easily be just two of you. I'd still keep the blog open I think even if no one was there but it does feel like I'm just writing to a few google bots some times. I have little enough desire to work on Redus these days as it is, seriously any input, suggestions, criticisms or whatever would go a long way to drawing me back in. I'm not stuck or anything like that, I just don't feel like there is any demand for this thing any more. I've had so much support from friends and family, we all have, but this used to be a fairly large part of my life and it's just faded so much I can barely remember why I used to enjoy it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How am I driving?