26/09/2014

What a difference a downdate makes

Following up from last week, I've been looking at ways to get RAGs 2.4 working again and to my surprise, today it did! (No idea why)
Unfortunately Redus still wasn't working, but now that the designer was I tried loading a backup copy I'd made. Still no luck. Out of desperation I tried loading up the pre-bugfix copy of version 4 and for some bizarre, unknowable reason that did the trick. I've re-squashed those bugs and so for now at least I have a working, editable copy of the game, yipee hooray!

This is the first time I've had the game running on my new computer and the first thing I noticed was how different the images look, my old monitor has sub-hd resolution whilst my new one is currently at 1080p. I was not pleased by the change and some of the pictures are downright horrible compared to their acceptable appearance they had before. By coincidence I am currently in the middle of a 30 day free trial for the latest version of Adobe Photoshop so I can use this opportunity to both standardise and improve the images where possible, GIMP handles the basics fine but lacks the advanced tools and filters that make the difference.

So that's what's up this week. Progress is going to be slow over the next year but I want this next update to finally add at least one good ending and to introduce some more adult-oriented content to balance out the deepening story and care-free humour.

2 comments:

How am I driving?